SAEM Southeastern Regional Conference
February 21, 2020 to February 22, 2020
Hosted by: Prisma Health - Upstate, Department of Emergency Medicine, Greenville, South Carolina
Registration is now open!Register Now
This is a live activity over two days with simulation and didactic learning available. The simulation portion will be in the use of medical equipment to aid in diagnosing. The didactic portion will be surrounding best practices and decreasing clinician burnout.
- Keynote speakers Drs. Michelle Lall, Christina Shenvi, and Corey Slovis
- Hands on ultrasound session on Friday afternoon. "Time-Savers versus Life-Savers - the Ultrasound Applications that Maximize Efficiency and Optimize Patient Care." Included with conference registration.
- Team based resident board review competition on Friday afternoon.
- Clinicians engaged in the care of acutely ill or injured patients: Physicians, Residents, Medical Students, Advanced Practice Providers, Registered Nurses, and EMS Providers
- Researchers and Educators who study an area of science related to the acutely ill or injured patient: PhD, Graduate & Undergraduate students
- Increase mentorship, networking and leadership development opportunities
- Cultivate the next generation of leaders through increased participation in SAEM
- Promote high impact innovations in medical education
- Promote participation in academics by emergency medicine faculty, residents, advanced practice providers, and medical students
- Enhance research and teaching skills that affect clinical practice and education in emergency medicine
Thank you for your interest in SAEM Southeastern Regional Conference. If you are interested in making a hotel reseveration we have several options for you listed below, and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at info@SAEMsoutheast.com.
Aloft Hotel - $155 per night
For help with bookings: Call the reservation line at 1-866-716-8143 and request the Academic Emergency Medicine block
Greenville-Spartanburg Airport (GSP) is approximately 25 minutes from both Aloft Hotel and the conference venue. Uber/Lyft are readily available both to and from the airport. A one-way trip via ride share is usually in the $22-35 range depending on time of day.
Physicians (MDs and DOs) will receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
All other attendees will receive attendence credit for an AMA PRA Category 1 accredited activity.
12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System (USCSOMG-GHS) designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville - Greenville Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
REGISTRATION OPENS: 11/5/2019
CLAIM CREDIT BY: 05/22/2020
The program committee for the Society of Academic Emergency Medicine Southeastern Regional Conference is accepting proposals for didactic sessions for the 2020 meeting. The committee is excited to focus this year's conference on resident presentation opportunities and activities:
- PechaKucha: 6-7 minute presentations with a focus on topics pertinent to inservice exam preparation. Awards will be determined and presented by a panel of judges.
- Clinical Pathologic Case (CPC) Competition: Regional CPC event will feature residents presenting interesting cases with faculty discussants working to solve the cases. For additional information, please review the details page here.
Please use the form below for didactic submissions. Proposals will be accepted until Tuesday, December 31, 2019 and notifications of accepted proposals will be made by Monday, January 6, 2020. Final presentations will be due by Saturday, February 1, 2020.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the planning committee at info@SAEMsoutheast.com. We hope you can join us in February for the regional conference for a meaningful Emergency Medicine learning experience in sunny South Carolina in the heart of winter.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
SAEM Southeastern Region Program Committee
We are pleased to welcome submissions for the southeastern regional meeting Clinical Pathologic Case Conference!
Like the CORD-sponsored CPC, the regional CPC event will feature residents presenting an interesting case with faculty discussants working to solve the case with information available during the patient’s emergency department stay.
If you are unsure what to expect from a CPC, the CORD website has great information about the CPC and its purpose. We plan to model our CPC after CORD’s.
Following all presentations, judges will select:
- A top resident presenter
- A top faculty discussant
Any current emergency medicine resident, including senior residents, may apply here.